Fok’s Insurance Agency, a division of 1216251 Ontario Inc., is committed to protecting the privacy, confidentiality, accuracy and security of the personal information that it collects, uses, retains and discloses in the course of conducting business.
Any information that you specifically and knowingly provide us will be kept strictly confidential and will not be used for any purposes other than to provide you with the product and service that you requested, to provide follow-up customer services, and to adjudicate any claims you may have. We restrict access to your personal information only to those employees who need that information in order to provide services to you.
We will NOT share any information that would identify you personally, such as address, phone number, credit card number, email address etc. to anyone, other than the companies that will service your policy; with the following exceptions:
- When you give us permission to do so;
- When we believe, in good faith, that the law requires it; or,
- To protect the right or property of Fok’s Insurance Agency and its affiliates.
Generally, we collect, use and disclose your personal information to:
- Confirm your identity, and to protect both you and us against errors, fraud or other misrepresentations;
- Determine your eligibility for products and services;
- Evaluate your insurance or financial needs and determine the suitability of our products and services for you;
- Comply with a variety of insurance requirements, including specific information about the insured persons, beneficiaries etc. that are required by the insurance carriers;
- Assist us to understand the current and future needs of our customers, and to provide ongoing services.
We will only keep your personal information in our records for as long as it is needed to fulfill the identified purposes, or as required or permitted by law.
We will make all reasonable efforts to ensure that any personal information we collect and keep is as accurate and complete as required for the identified purposes. To do so, we will rely, to a large extent, on you to provide us with accurate information and to inform us of any changes.